This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Road Trip

Imagine you are on this long and winding road,
offer a story about your trip, or a poem to express the idea.
Use this in any creative way you are moved, perhaps a memoir
about a long and boring road trip from your childhood.



_______________________________

The long, dusty road spun out before us
Empty land to each hand, water starved shrubs
Patterned evenly across as though dropped by
Giants making a checkerboard of desert land.

Home a distant memory though we left this
Morning, journey's end a mystery known to
Parents only. Like snails, turtles, we brought
Our home, our life, along on our travels.

morganna

One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

3 comments:

morganna said...

The long, dusty road spun out before us
Empty land to each hand, water starved shrubs
Patterned evenly across as though dropped by
Giants making a checkerboard of desert land.

Home a distant memory though we left this
Morning, journey's end a mystery known to
Parents only. Like snails, turtles, we brought
Our home, our life, along on our travels.

cross-posted on http://www.poetrycritical.net/ as Traveling

christine said...

I'd been ambling along for two hours down this arid road before I flagged down this car.

Many had passed, they always do, but they aren't all right for me.

This one is right. A young girl. Not too pretty, not too young. Just right. Vulnerable. Open to being waved down by a good-looking hunk like me. No point in being modest, I am a handsome devil.

We chat about this and that. She hasn't been down this road before. For me it's a road well-travelled. I describe the beauty of the area.

I tell her I'll treat her to an ice-cream at the next lay-by, which is just ahead, round the next corner. The van belongs to my cousin.

WE'll draw up, he'll hand over two cones. One will contain a little something extra. She'll be asleep before she knows it, and I'll be a hundren dollars richer.

She'll come round later, trussed up in the back of his truck. I'll be on my way in her car to have a little fun.

My cousin will have fun later. I've never asked just what he does with them. I really don't want to know. No, really, I don't.

glnroz said...

Soory,, too many characters. If you would like to read, posted at,
www.glnroz33.blogspot.com

This does not have to be an entry. thanx