This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Solitary Pebble

Photo by Colleen
Visit her wonderful blog Fingers and Paws
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Offer a piece of writing for this image.



_____________________

Hmmm...wot is this? Hmmm...me can't say. Must be sumthing to bring home to the wife.

The bird gets home, with his special little something and his wife throws it at him. As he turns around, he is reminded of the thousands of other "somethings" that he's brought her before.

All she really wants is a worm for dinner.

Simply Heather

One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hmmm...wot is this? Hmmm...me can't say. Must be sumthing to bring home to the wife.

The bird gets home, with his special little something and his wife throws it at him. As he turns around, he is reminded of the thousands of other "somethings" that he's brought her before.

All she really wants is a worm for dinner.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

"Hey you! Bird! Don't pick me up! Don't.pick.me.up, I beg of you."

"I like it here, in the sand. I've been rolling around in the waves for ages - you know, I used to be much bigger than this, but that water has worn me out, and worn me down. I don't want to go back in there."

"Please don't pick me up. I know you'll drop me over the water...all you birds do that. Did you know I can't swim? Well, I can't. I sink to the bottom like, well, like a rock. And then we start the whole pebble polishing nonsense all over again."

"I'm tired. I want to sit in the sand and bask in the sun until the tide washes me back out...AGAIN."

"Maybe today, I'll get lucky, and a kid will pick me up and I'll get to stay on dry land."

"Please, bird, DON'T pick me up!"

septembermom said...

Frustration wrapping around,
boy with auburn curls,
pitches the smallest pebble,
towards a forgiving ocean.

Parents without understanding,
push the boy to solitude,
grabbing a moment of peace,
with each pebble hitting beach.

christine said...

Wide sandy shore,
Softly swelling sea,
Nature at one with itself.

Long-legged shadow,
A table in the shallows,
Beak poised to pierce,
Nature at one with itself.

Photographer stands,
Camera on tripod.
Waits for the ball bait to beckon.
Snaps the shutter, shares the image.
Now we're at one with the beach.